Cucamonga Wilderness Use Regulations
Within the Cucamonga Wilderness, you are prohibited from:
- Entering or being in a National Forest Wilderness without possessing a Wilderness Permit to show on request. 36 CFR 261.57 (a)
- Building, maintaining, or using an open campfire of any type including charcoal. 36 CFR 261.52(a).
- Use of trail, campsite, or other areas in the Wilderness by a group larger than 12 persons, or having more than 8 stock animals. 36 CFR 261.58
- Camping in a location other than that specified on the Permit. 36 CFR 261.10 (k) and 261.58 (e).
- Camping or picketing stock within 200 ft of meadows, springs, streams, trails, or other occupied camps. 36 CFR 261.58 (e)
- Disposing of debris, garbage, or other waste material. 36 CFR 261.57 (g)
- Placing in or near a stream, lake, or any other body of water any substance that does or may pollute the water. 36 CFR 261.11 (c)
- Not having a shovel or hand trowel in possession for use in burying human waste during overnight camping or in cleaning sites for stove fires. 36 CFR 261.58 (e) and 261.52 (g)
- Shortcutting a switchback. 36 CFR 261.55 (d)
- Mutilating, defacing, removing, disturbing, injuring, or destroying natural feature or property of the US Government. 36 CFR 261.9 (a)
- Possessing or using a motor or motorized equipment except small battery powered handheld devices, such as cameras, shavers, flashlights, and Geiger counters. 36 CFR 261.16 (a)
- Possessing or using any wheeled mechanical device including, but not limited to, bicycles, wagons, or carts. 36 CFR 261.57 (h). Note: Use of wheelchairs by physically challenged persons is permitted.
- Smoking except while seated in an area of at least 3 (three) feet in diameter that is barren or has been cleared of all flammable material. 36 CFR 261.52 (d)
- Possessing a dog not on a leash or otherwise confined. 36 CFR 261.8 (d)
Violation of these prohibitions is punishable by a fine of not more than $5,000 or imprisonment for not more than6 (six) months, or both. 18USC36CFR1 Code of Federal Regulations