The Forest Adventure Pass

Forest Adventure Pass - Daily Pass - Costs: $5 per day
Forest Adventure Pass - Annual Pass - Costs: $30 Annually / $5 Second Vehicle Annually

Wherever you live in Southern California, you're just a short drive away from a spectacular wildland adventure - recreating in the Angeles, Cleveland, Los Padres, and San Bernardino National Forests! Here you will find mountains as high as 11,500 feet, canyons, vast forests, lakes, waterfalls, rivers and streams, and a wealth of recreation activities - all waiting for you.

In the San Bernardino National Forest you can enjoy hiking, camping, mountainbiking, off-highway vehicle travel, picnicking, winter snowplay, cross-country skiing and many other activities. Your national forest lands are a unique and precious resource, yours to enjoy and take care of so that they will always be there...for present and future generations.

The Recreation Fee Program, which includes the Adventure Pass, helps:

  • Conserve, protect, and restore natural and heritage resources
  • Enhance the visitor experiences by improving recreation opportunities and services

Many of the facilities and services in San Bernardino National Forest are free. Some areas and facilities do require the Adventure Pass or other fees to help maintain, manage and improve the amenities that you enjoy. Learn more about the Adventure Pass program and other recreation passes that might meet your needs as you enjoy your public lands.

 All forest visitors in Lytle Creek are required to display when parked in the Site Specific Fee Areas below:

Click her for a full sized map in PDF format: San Bernardino National Forest Recreation Sites Map

Adventure 2013.jpg

Adventure Passes are available near LYTLE CREEK

Melodys Place / Scotland Store 
551 Lytle Creek Rd 
Lytle Creek, CA 92358 
Daily passes available

Mountain Lakes 
277 Lytle Creek Rd. 
Lytle Creek, CA 92358 
Daily passes available

Cajon Ranger District 
1209 Lytle Creek Rd. 
Lytle Creek, CA 92358 
Annual, Daily, Secondary passes available

Animal Crackers 
585 S. Lytle Creek Rd 
Lytle Creek, CA 92358 

Where Else Can I Buy Recreation Passes?

 Annual Adventure Pass

Annual Adventure Pass

 Annual Second Vehicle Pass

Annual Second Vehicle Pass



  • Honored nationwide at all Forest Service, National Park Service, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, and US Fish & Wildlife Service sites charging entrance or standard amenity fees.
  • Valid for 12 months from the month of purchase. Expires the last day of the month punched.
  • The Interagency Annual Pass has two signature lines and any two individuals may sign the pass. Both are considered pass holders.
  • Admits pass holder and any accompanying passengers in a private non-commercial vehicle.
  • At per-person fee areas, admits pass holder and up to 3 persons. Persons 15 and younger are admitted free of charge.
  • Frequent visitors of multiple federal agency lands may save money by buying an Interagency Annual Pass.


  • The date is validated by the seller at the time of purchase. The pass is not valid for use until at least one person signs the pass.
  • At staffed sites, show your pass to the booth attendant.
  • At unstaffed sites, use hangtag to display pass from rear-view mirror. Hangtags are available at Forest Service offices.
  • At per-person sites, present pass upon request.

Other Important Details

  • Anyone can purchase an Interagency Annual Pass.
  • Interagency Annual Passes are nontransferable. Two people can sign and use the Interagency Annual Pass. Both are considered pass holders; however, once signed, the pass may not be given to or used by anyone whose name is not on the pass.
  • The Interagency Annual Pass belongs to the signer(s) only and s/he must be present for the pass to be used. Photo identification may be requested to verify pass ownership.
  • Concessionaires may or may not honor the Interagency Annual Pass, according to the terms of their current permit.
  • Decals for open topped vehicles may be issued free with an Interagency Annual Pass. Decals can only be used for motorcycles or open-topped vehicles at unstaffed sites and are only valid with an Interagency Annual Pass.
  • Interagency Annual Passes do NOT cover expanded amenity fees or special recreation permits.

Interagency Senior Pass - Cost: $10 Lifetime


Eligibility Requirements

  • Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
  • Must be 62 years of age or older.
  • Must obtain in person.
  • Must show proof of age, which may be a state driver's license showing birth date, a birth certificate, or similar document.



Eligibility Requirements

  • Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
  • Must have a medical determination and documentation of blindness or permanent disability.
  • Must obtain in person
  • Must submit one of the following documents:
  1. A statement signed by a licensed physician attesting that the applicant has a permanent physical, mental, or sensory impairment that severely limits one or more major life activity.
  2. A document issued by a federal agency, such as the Veteran's Administration, which attests that the applicant has been medically determined to be eligible to receive federal benefits as a result of disability. Other acceptable federal agency documents include proof of receipt of Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) due to disability.
  3. A document issued by a state agency, such as the vocational rehabilitation agency, which attests that the applicant has been medically determined to be eligible to receive that agencies benefits or services as a result of medically determined permanent disability. Showing a state motor vehicle department disability sticker, license plate, or hang tag is not acceptable documentation.

Interagency Annual Military Pass - Costs: Free


Eligibility Requirements

  • For active military personnel and their dependents.
  • To verify active military status, the applicant must submit a Department of Defense Common Access Card (CAC) - Geneva Conventions Identification Card that verifies that the person is an active member of the U. S. military.
  • To verify dependent, the applicant must submit a Department of Defense Uniformed Services Identification Card - DD Form 1173 that identifies the dependent and his/her sponsor.

Interagency Annual Volunteer Pass - Costs: Free

The pass is available through agency volunteer program coordinators. Work with your local forest volunteer coordinator to ensure your volunteer hours are tracked and recorded. Visit the VOLUNTEER section of this site.